Tuesday, 24 January 2017
24 WAYS YOU ARE WASTING YOUR LIFE BUT YOU DON'T KNOW IT
The modern world is fast-paced and time waits for nobody.
Time often seems to slip by with us barely noticing.
Consequently, it’s important that we don’t spend time or attention on things that are frivolous, negative or simply plain stupid.
1. Instead of wasting time by dwelling on a problem, work out what you can do to fix it.
2. It’s similar to above. Stop worrying and start working towards a solution.
3. Unless you are getting good advice from people you love, disregard it. It doesn’t matter what other people think of you, you need to stay true to yourself. Don’t waste your time, thoughts, and energy on what others think. Be proud to be yourself.
4. High-end phones are big time distractions in our lives. Try to do some work for 3 hours without the beeping of your phone from BBM, Facebook and Whatsapp. Can you? No, you don’t also need it when you go to the bathroom.
5. The world isn’t going to wait for you. Go after what you want.
6. Try living life rather than waiting for an acquaintance to update you on how their lunch is going.
7. Life is far too short to waste your time on doing something you hate.
8. Get your lazy butt out of bed. You set your alarm for a legitimate reason.
9. It’s not only a waste of time now, but will probably result in you sleeping half the day away tomorrow, or being unproductive at work or school. There is nothing so important that you need to stay online for it until 3am often.
10. Stop giving a flying spaghetti monster about the Krapdashians, or how you look compared to the entirety of Hollywood. They are all Photoshopped. Thighs are supposed to touch. Breasts can sag too. You are human.
11. Just do it.
12. You can waste years not telling someone how you feel out of fear. Grow a pair of ovaries and tell them. If they are not digging it, at least you will have the chance to move on. If they feel the same the only regret you will have is the days, weeks, and months you could have already had together.
13. Life is too short! Forgive and be positive.
14. Complaining really won’t get you anywhere, and the only person who it is hurting is you. Start thinking positively. Figure out how to make your life more complaint-free.
15. : This kind of eating is a bad idea all-around. If you are bored, it means you are wasting time. Find something productive to do. Put some work in towards a goal or a dream. These would be much better uses of your time than visiting the fridge for the seventh time this hour.
16. This is not living. No one cares that your left flip flop broke on your way to the church.
17. Indecision often stems from fear. Deep down, you are likely to know what decision you want to make.
18. The people in your life shouldn’t be a constant stream of negativity. Give them the figurative (or even literal) bird, and find some positive people to spend time with. You will feel a whole lot happier and enjoy life more.
19. A little TV is okay, but it shouldn’t be the center of your universe. Instead of watching other people have adventures, have some of your own.
20. Stop day-dreaming of amazing things on Pinterest, and start doing them.
21. know it can be juicy and kind of fun, but it really get you nowhere.
22. This can be one of the hardest things to let go of, but you simply must. Unrequited means that you probably know that they are not interested. Why waste your time on that when you can be working on being happy? When you find the right person for you, you will lament all the wasted time spent on someone who didn’t care.
23. Not only does this make you miss the world going on around you, it’s also just plain rude in a social situation.
24. Just kidding, I write amazing things worthy of your time.
MEANWHILE, IS THERE ANYTHING ON THIS LIST THAT YOU CAN CUT OUT OF YOUR LIFE?